Thursday, August 26, 2010

My photography assignment for Bangkok


Mighty Big

At approximately five in the morning tomorrow, I will be loading my luggage onto a cab and be heading off to LCCT. Why will I be going to the airport? To go on a short four days trip to Bangkok. I am planning a photography assignment for myself whilst I am there for that short period of time.

The theme and the aim? To capture the hearts of the locals and the aftermath of the infamous riots between the 'Red shirts' supporters of the ousted ex-prime minister of Thailand, Thaksin Shinawatra and the government that has left dozens dead after deadly clashes with government troops. I don't expect this self-assignment to be easy, but it'll definitely be interesting and a good way to learn more. This is the first serious photographic assignment I have made for myself, and I am planning to stick to it throughout the whole trip instead of my usual walking around aimlessly while shooting shots without much idea of what I want to take until I see a potential shot. At least now I have an idea in my mind of what I want to capture through the lens. So wish me luck, and don't forget to check back for the photos and updates on my activities over there. Happy holidays!

2 comments:

  1. NOT Scared DIE ah? or trap in there by all the red shirt people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL CHOI TOUCH WOOD. Wish me safe journey laaa :P
    Hahas they won't bother tourists, foreigners only get injured because sometimes they get caught the middle of the clashes. Anyway it has been quite calm for a couple months already and I am looking forward to see how much the riots has affected the country's capital.

    ReplyDelete